Sunday, January 25, 2009

Good Times...

This past week seemed extremely busy for us, but in the end Jared and I were able to spend lots of one on one time together which was definitely needed. I was able to put Ry's hair in her first (actually second because Grandma did the first) ponytail...her hair is getting a little too long for the mohawk, but still a little short for a ponytail. It worked, though. Ryah has also mastered the stairs this week which keeps things really busy during the day. She thinks it's rather fun. Toward the latter part of the week, I was able to attend the Time Out For Women conference with my Mom and Grandma Jeanne. It was so much fun and a nice break. Thanks to my mother-in-law and Jared for arranging their schedules to take care of Ry. There were speakers and musical performers speaking on the theme "Sweet Assurances." I came away from the event feeling refreshed and reassured it's alright I can't do everything. I don't know about others, but I'm my worst enemy when it comes to being a mom, wife, etc. There's always more I feel I should be doing. I was enlightened and uplifted, it was the perfect "time out." My favorite speaker was a husband/wife team. They were absolutely hilarious. Their motto is, "If you can laugh at it, you can live with it." My favorite musical performer was Michael McLean. I love his arrangements and The Forgotten Carols production he does around Christmas. He did an awesome job.


On Friday night, my mom treated Jared and I (yes, it was a treat for us) to a Grandma/Ryah sleepover at her house. It was nice to have the whole night to ourselves. I was a horrible date, so my apologies to my hubby. We went to dinner, then decided to rent some movies. We came home and about ten minutes into the show (around 8:30) I fell asleep. I know...pathetic, huh. I couldn't believe it. Being the great guy he is, he didn't get too mad. :) He would never get mad actually. On Saturday, my sister came up and we all went to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen and then to the Jazz game. Thanks to Chicka Benita for watching Miss Ry!!! Sorry, she was such a pill. Thanks to my hubby for walking clear around the Energy Solutions Center to bring me Dippin' Dots!!! I think I have an obsession, and it sure isn't a healthy one. :) Sometimes we'll go to the events at the Southtowne Expo center not even interested in what's going on, but so I can get Dippin' Dots...pretty sad, I know.

I was so excited I was able to spend both weekend nights with Jared. That probably sounds silly, but it makes a difference having kids, at least with us. As much as we love spending time together, it seems we don't take the time because we enjoy being with Ry so much and just enjoy our time together when she's in bed. It was fun to get out and go do something out of the ordinary.
She looks so big to me without her headband.



Ryah playing the top hand, while mom plays the bottom hand...:)

She thinks she's so big when we let her play the piano.

This picture is of us at dinner before the Jazz game. We forgot to take pics at the game.

Thanks everyone for the good times!!!

4 comments:

Tiffany Nelson said...

She is getting so big...even compared to the pics you took for christmas she look so much older. I don't know how she get any cuter, holy cow! She is so stinkin cute. Thanks for coming to the game with us. Zach loved it! We need to plan another (maybe with better seats haha).

PARKERS said...

She is so cute! I love how she is sitting on all the boxes to get to the piano. :)

It's nice to have some alone time but I'm the same way...I usually end up sleeping on accident. I love that you are obsessed with Dippin Dots...I AM TOO! I get them every Jazz game, every Lagoon trip, etc. The banana split flavor is my favorite!

Me and my little man said...

WOW...Ry looks so much like you it's crazy!!! She's definately starting to get so big. I get sad for Jett to grow up cos I love the little cuddle bug that he is but I see all the fun thing Ry is starting to do and it makes me so excited to watch Jett grow up and see all his firsts!! You and Jar can cook up a pretty cute baby.

Sherrie said...

I can't even believe how big she is now!!! I am sad I didn't make it over to your place before I left for D.C.! She's going to be so big and old before I ever get to see her :(
Oh and the dip and dots!! What great memories with you lol. Isn't that the only reason why we used to go to Lagoon??