Thursday, January 15, 2009

Soooo BIG!!!

It seems this last week Ryah has transformed into a BIG girl. I'm sure it sounds crazy, but all the sudden she's crawling all over, eating "human" food, pulling herself up on everything (I even caught her attempting the stairs the other morning), swimming in the bathtub (she loves it), growing out of all her clothes overnight (I swear I put on three different outfits a day and none of them fit), and her two bottom teeth are breaking through. The hard thing is all she wants to do is run and she can't even walk yet. She wants you to help her up, but then gets frustrated if you don't let go of her so she can take off. Everytime she falls, but just wants to get right back up and try again. Jared's mom gave her a stroller for Christmas, so that's what we let her push around, but we can't be close by her because she wants to be independent. It's kind of funny.

I can't believe how fast time is flying by. I was holding my sister's little baby today and had a hard time remembering what Ry was like when she was that little, even though it was only 6 1/2 months ago. She seemed so big compared to him. She sure is fun though and is so happy. As much as it wears us out, it's worth it.


This is how I found her on the stairs. She was frustrated because she's still a little short and couldn't raise her leg high enough to get her anywhere.


She likes to sit by me on the floor while I cook dinner; however, she always wants to play with the dishes and bang them on the floor.

Here she is on the coffee table. She started pulling herself up on Monday and has it perfected. She loves to walk from corner to corner. This is the smile I get when I look at her and say, "Ryah, what are you doing?"

This is when I noticed one of her teeth broke through. She was playing and I noticed red on the carpet, so I looked at her and she had blood on her shirt, hands, and face. I thought maybe she cut herself, but upon further investigation it was coming from her teeth. I'm not sure if it's normal or not, but she acted like nothing was happening.

I was cooking dinner and went to check on her and this is what I found. She realized there were more toys on the side of the couch so went over there and decided she wanted to stand and play while one hand was on the couch and one playing with her toys.

Here she is pushing her stroller...without help. She wants to do it by herself. Doesn't she act like she's so big??? It's so funny to watch her. The scary thing is, she's quite good at it. I think she might be walking before I know it.

This has pretty much been our life the last week or so...just watching Ry grow up. She sure has brought a joy to us and we absolutely love having her.

5 comments:

Bryndie said...

Wow she is pretty advanced for her age. I can't believe she is allrady pulling herself up and walking with a stroller. That is so crazy, I still think of her as a little baby. It is sad how fast you forget when they were just little. I am thinking I am going to have to teach myself how to take care of a little baby all over again, I have completely forgot!

She is going to be walking in no time! Just when you think they can't get any more naughty, just wait until she walks!

Tiffany Nelson said...

This post is so cute Sher! She is such a doll. She really is getting so big :)

Christy said...

She is so so cute. I know I always say it, but it's true! She reminds me so much of baby videos of you. How adorable!

Hope things are well :) Love ya!

Me and my little man said...

She is so stinkin cute!! It is so weird to hold Jett and then Ryah. It seems like she's at least a year old. Everytime I see her she's gotten bigger and has started doing something else. She's such a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

It is so stinkin cute that she is trying to be a big girl. I think she is learning from you sher and you should be so proud. I can't believe she is already getting some of her teeth ready!