Saturday, January 17, 2009

Swimming

Last week my mom, sis-in-law, and I took Ry swimming at the Bountiful Rec Center. She absolutely loved it. She liked to go to the fountains on the playland and stand right on top of them...I thought it was funny because most kids don't like water splashing in their faces at her age. She also liked the shallow spots where she could walk around, swimming on her tummy, floating on her back, going around the lazy river, pretty much anything as long as she was in the water. At one point her chin started quivering so I figured we should get out because I didn't want her to be cold, but as soon as we got out she was trying to go back in. What's funny is after we went swimming is when she started using the bathtub like a swimming pool. Now she moves back and forth on her tummy and doesn't like to get out; she thinks it's pretty fun.

Here are some pics from our adventure:




She was always trying to drink the water.


Thanks mom and Jeni for going with us!!! We had a great time.

4 comments:

Bryndie said...

She looks so cute in her little suit! Looks like you will have a water baby, burklie loved it as a little baby also.

fergusonfam said...

Time goes by way too fast! I just want it to stop. She is darling. I can't believe that she is doing all of those things. She will be walking so soon.

Kirsten said...

So much fun! We should go to the pool together. My kids LOVE the water too. I can't believe how much she is trying to walk already! Wow!

Mindy said...

I love all the little outfits you dress Ryah in, she is darling. You have great taste! Swimming looks like so much fun, I'll have to try that out with mine in a few months.