Monday, September 29, 2008

What to blog about...

I'm having a "bloggers" block lately. I feel we haven't done anything exciting to post about besides the usual. Ryah is now three months old and it makes me sad how fast time has gone by, but then again so excited. She is at a really fun stage. She's becoming more interactive, smiling all the time, talking, and best of all is sleeping almost 12 hours at night. We put her down around 7:30 and she doesn't get up until around 6:30 or 7 in the morning...it is heavenly. I have to admit, I've been horrible at taking pictures lately or else I would post them. I just seem to get caught in the moment with her and forget to capture those priceless times on camera. She has started a really funny thing, though. We have a pink bouncer with toys that hang down and flowers that light up. She realized when she sits in a certain position, she can kick her feet at her toys and they move. She gets so giddy to the point of laughing when she does kick them, it's hilarious. It seems everyday brings something new, we just love her to death.
As for Jared and me, we've been busy with everyday life stuff. I've been extremely busy with Young Womens and I owe a huge thanks to my awesome hubby for putting up with my frequent absence; it would be impossible to do this calling without the support. Also, I owe big thanks to my mom who helps with Ry as well. It is a huge relief knowing Jared and I have such a large support system to help us if something comes up or we want to go on a date. We don't know what we'd do without our family.
As for Jared, he's been up to the usual. Even with these down times in the industry, he does all he can to provide for us. He did find out he can't use the elk tag he just purchased which really bummed him out. I guess since he drew on a limited entry archery elk tag, he can't hunt the rifle this year. He looks forward to hunting every year and I think he was hoping to get an elk this time around since he wasn't able to get one a few weeks back. I told him at least he has a fun family camping trip to look forward to in a week. I know it isn't anything close to the hunt, but I could set up decoys and we could pretend he is hunting. I don't think he finds that too humorous, though.
Well, that's basically our life the last two weeks. Oh, one last thing...we were able to finally go on a much needed date...thanks Chris for such a fun time and my parents for taking the little one. Jared and I really enjoyed ourselves. I'll be sure and post some pics in the next couple days.

7 comments:

Bryndie said...

Sounds like you will have a good sleeper. It makes life so much easier. Burklie slept really good also. Hey I was going to ask you if you have used blush photography other than Ry newborn pictures. I am just wondering where she goes for locations.

Christy said...

Sounds like you guys have lucked out with little Ryah's sleeping. She's so cute... I haven't seen her in awhile either. I need to come see her.

And the date night was so fun. We'll have to do it again soon. Justin said that you were pretty. I said, duh. :)

Anonymous said...

Sher,
Go to this website you will fall in love for things to buy Ryah!!!

http://burkiebabies.blogspot.com/

Tiffany Nelson said...

Sheri-shoo!!! You need to post some cute pics of your little family. Ryah has some dang cute pics, you need to show her off :)

Josie said...

Hey, I was excited to find your blog. Mandi emailed it to me a couple of weeks ago. Your little family is darling. It's fun to keep up on old friends!

Tiffany Nelson said...

I know I know! I was going to make a new post yesterday and realized that Zach had our camera with all of our pictures...so, I'm sure there will be a new post tomorrow :)

the Tonioli's said...

Sher!
Holy cow, it has been forever since I have seen or talked to you. Every time I go to my parent's house and look up the street to the subdivision I always think about you and the hundrends of times I walked up the block to your house. I am so glad you found our blog. I would love to catch-up with you e-mail me at taratonioli@yahoo.com
Tara