Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Camping

Since we bought our camp trailer last year, we take advantage of the long weekends for some much needed r and r. My parents also have a trailer so for Labor Day we all went camping by Nephi. It probably sounds extremely boring, but we had a great time. Majority of my fam was able to go minus my bro and his wife, but Jared's brother came to fill the "void." My grandparents on the Edwards side also came which made it that much more fun. Jared drew out on an archery bull elk hunt which is the main reason we chose to go to Nephi. It was a central location for the unit he drew out on. Jared, my dad, grandpa, my brother-in-law Zach and Jared's brother, Tyler, planned on going scouting majority of the weekend in addition to some golf games. On Friday we got up and fixed a fabulous "camping" breakfast (thanks maja) and then the men took off for a golf game and then hunting later in the evening. Us women sat around camp and enjoyed ourselves by reading gossip magazines, feeding our faces, talking, etc. We also decided to go into town to grab a bite to eat since the men wouldn't be back until late. On Saturday the men decided to go have tee time at the Palisades. We decided that we were going to go enjoy a little something ourselves, so...we packed our things and headed to Provo for a fun filled day of shopping. The men weren't too thrilled about us going, but we did it anyway. Ryah was a trooper the whole time. I feel so fortunate to have such a good baby...knock on wood. She never made a peep. In fact, she was completely content being held so she could watch everything going on, she must get that from me. My favorite job ever was being able to sit at the kiosk when I was younger so I could people watch. It was the most ridiculous job ever, but I enjoyed it. I think Ry has got a little of that in her.
She has made a major milestone in my book this week and has started to grab stuff when you hold it in front of her. I know it's probably a silly thing to think of as a milestone, but it just shows me how fast she is growing. She's also discovered her tongue which is the funniest thing ever. She is constantly sticking it out and licking her lips along with the shoulders of mom's shirts. I love it, but at the same time it makes me sad.
Here are some pictures from our trip:















Tiff and Ryah hangin' out at camp.















Ryah on the car ride showing her lovely tongue discovery. She does this all the time now.















Hanging out in our camp trailer waiting to kick the guys booty in a game of Cranium...no, they ended up winning us.













Me, my sisters, and grandma before causing damage to the bank accounts at the mall.












Cute lil' Ry before we headed home from camping. She is such a happy baby. Also, thanks Bryndie for the patterned headband, I absolutely love it and get tons of compliments. It looks so cute.
It always makes me sad when Labor Day is over because it seems official that summer is over. All the pools close, the warm weather leaves, etc., I think the only nice thing is Ryah goes to bed earlier because it is dark.
Thanks fam for a fun weekend!!!

8 comments:

Bryndie said...

I can't believe how much you and your sisters look alike, that is crazy! I am gald the patterned headband worked out, I need to find some mroe fabrics.

Kiesha said...

Ahhh, seeing Ryah makes me want to have a little girl! Maybe I can just dress up my little man with some cute hair bows when Dad's not looking. J/K!!! It will actually be nice not to have one more head of hair to get ready but it can be fun when you're not in a hurry. Luvs!

Tiffany Nelson said...

Yahoo! This was a great weekend...I just have to clarify one thing, US GIRLS BEAT THE BOYS AT CRANIMU, SILLY!!! haha...I worked to hard to lose. I love Ryah. She makes life so much better and she's not even mine!

Christy said...

I'm jealous... that looks like fun! That is one thing you guys are so lucky to have... sisters... to hang out with and to shop with. I have one sister, and she lives in CA, and she hates shopping. I usually shop alone, boo.

Ryah is so cute... that tongue pic is priceless.

When do you want to lunch again? It's been about a week already. Anytime next week (but Monday) should work for me if you're available.

One last thing... I saw Tiff's comment about winning in Cranimu. What's Cranimu? Sounds oriental.

Tiffany Nelson said...

haha dang it Christy! CRANIUM not Cranimu...cranimu does sound like a good oriental game though :)

Brooke said...

oh my word she is soooooooo cute! Im dying to shoot her again

Christy said...

Hahaha... I'm so dumb. Cranium. I don't remember even how to play that game. It's been awhile, obviously.

I can't get over that cute tongue pic. I'll have to email you some pics of Jar and her I have.

Larsen Family said...

Your baby is beautiful, Sher. I love looking at your blog, you do such a good job with it, and it shows such cute progression or Ryah! Keep in touch.