Sunday, September 14, 2008

What Have We Been Up To...

Life has been busy the last week, however, it's not like it's been crazy with exciting stuff, just the typical day to day stuff. Jared went hunting this last week, so Ry and I spent some "quality" time together. (Not like we don't that everyday anyway) We hung out with my sisters, did some shopping, went on a lot of walks, etc. We do have a slight problem when Jared leaves, Ryah must think it's never bedtime. Jared usually does the bedtime ritual thing with her since he's gone all day. (He actually was the one who said he wants to) Anyway, every night I rock her to sleep, put her in her bed, and within a matter of minutes I hear her talking. I sneak in her room and sure enough she's awake and has a grin from ear to ear...it's so funny. I try the same thing over and over, but it always ends the same. Finally, I resorted to bringing her to bed with me, and by about midnight, twelve thirtiesh, she's still awake. I really think she really is familiar with her routine which amazes me because I must've underestimated her "intelligence."




Here is a picture of her just happy as can be around midnight...I, on the otherhand, am dragging. The nice thing is once Jared gets home she starts sleeping again from about eight thirty to four thirtiesh, it's so nice.

Over the last week, Ryah has also been starting to get good control of her hands, it makes me sad because that means she's getting bigger, but yet it's fun at the same time because she is getting bigger. I think she might end up being a lefty like her dad. At first she was using her right hand, but now it's more her left, and she has better control of her left. Jared has this weird notion that lefty's are smarter, so he's excited. I guess we'll see what the near future brings.

As for the life of Jared and I, it's been busy. I was called into the Young Women Presidency, which is a bit scary. I don't feel "old" enough to be in with those girls. I had meetings and/or activities nearly everyday last week and Jared was awesome about everything. He took Ry and didn't complain one time. He even made sure he was home during the early afternoon's on some days...I feel very fortunate he's been able to have his own business which has allowed himthe flexibility to spend the time with us. Other than that, I've been doing the typical day to day stuff with Ry, keeping up on the house, and working from home for Faja Edwards. Jared has been busy trying to find time to go hunting in between his busy work schedule. Unfortunately, his hunt ended Friday and he didn't get anything. He saw a lot, but nothing worth taking home. Hopefully, he'll draw out again and it won't take eight years.

That's basically what we've been up to the last week...nothing too exciting. I do have to add a picture of Ryah I thought was cute. Jared got Ryah ready one morning and when I saw her this is what she was wearing. Thanks to grandma, she also has a Cheerleading outfit and a jersey. At least he did doll it up with accessories, he's a great dad!!!


This is probably one of the first pictures I have where she wouldn't smile reagardless of what I did. It's probably because her dad dressed her in Chicago Bears and she didn't want to be seen in it...JK Jared
Just a little side note, when Jared and I were dating I flew him out to a Bears game for his birthday. I set the standard too high for myself and haven't held up to that standard since we've been married, sorry Jar. I'll send you again.

3 comments:

Bryndie said...

They are smart little things aren't they, it is amazing how fast they catch onto their routines? Just when you dont want them to get bigger, they do with a blink of an eye. Trust me, it gets so much better. They get the funniest personalities.

Christy said...

Oh my heck, she looks like you when you were a baby (that first pic especially)! She's growing fast, I need to come visit again.

Glad things are going well still :)

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

She is too cute. I want to see her. My baby is getting so big and I miss the little baby stage.