Thursday, October 1, 2009

Things Have Been Better...

The last two+ weeks Keslee has been running a fever off 100+. She would have it for a day or two, it would break for a couple days, and then return. In addition to the fever, she was not eating very good (Somedays she was only drinking 8-10 oz the whole day), was extremely fussy, and was more lethargic. I just figured she had caught the flu bug that both Ry and I had a few weeks ago.

Well, I took her for her two month check-up last week and told the doc it might not be a good idea to do her immunizations since she seemed to not be feeling well and had just broke her third fever the day prior. I explained what had been going on (I think the doc also had a hunch of how she felt because Keslee cried the entire time) and the doc suggested more testing be done as a precautionary since she is still under three months. We were admitted to the hospital and Keslee went under numerous testing i.e. x-rays, spinal tap, blood work, etc. It ended up she had a little bacterial infection, dehydration, and the rhinovirus. After pumping numerous fluids and antibiotics in her over a couple days, she has returned somewhat back to her normal self. We are still dealing with the whole cold, runny nose issue, but she is at least smiling, eating more, not nearly as fussy, etc. I felt bad she was so sick and I didn't take her in sooner...I guess it is a lesson learned.

Below are some pictures of her in the hospital. You can tell as the days progressed, she turned into a different kid.






















































































By the end of our stay, Keslee was back to her alert self and smiling at everyone. It was so good to see.









Ryah was so good while staying up at the hospital with me. She thought it was so fun to go get ice out of the drink room and eat it. The picture above is Ryah getting ready to dump her ice on the floor. I know it is inappropriate, but it got to the point where I had to entertain her somehow and if it meant me taking a couple minutes to help her pick up her ice and help her put it back in her cup, it was worth it...and no, I wouldn't let her eat it afterward :)

















Thanks to Jared's parents for coming and sitting with Keslee so we could grab some food at night and to my sis Tiffany who helped out with Ry and hanging/helping us out during the day.

5 comments:

Mandi said...

Sher- So sorry to hear you have been in the hospital too with your little one. Your girls are darling and I am glad Keslee is doing better. Its always scary when your kids get so sick and its hard to watch them go through what they do. Your a great mom. Keep up the good work. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

poor little Kes, glad she's doing better

Me and my little man said...

That makes me so sad to see her laying there!!! =( I wish I could helped out more and come seen her at the hospital but it probably wouldn't of been a good idea since I was sick myself. She is the cutest chunk I've ever seen!!! I wish I could come down today and go hang out with you guys but now Jett is sick!! Can't wait for this flu bug to finally be gone!

Bryndie said...

Poor Baby! Hope she is feeling better! Love the new family pictures!

Christy said...

That's so sad! You and your fam spend too much time at the hospital. How many days was she there for? Glad she's feeling better.

Oh and next week I haven no school!! (I'm ELATED.) Want to do dinner a night?