Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy First Birthday to Ry...

Happy 1st Birthday to Missy Ry Ry last Tuesday!!! I can't believe she is already one. Our family's were troopers and came up to the hospital so I could participate in the celebration. The party was definitely different then how I envisioned spending Ryah's first birthday...then again, she didn't know any different. We had pizza for everyone and did cupcakes instead of a cake. The hospital offered us their educational room so we could have a bigger place to meet than my room. Also, the nurses were so excited they planned a scavenger hunt on the fourth floor for the younger kids who would be coming. I was extremely grateful they were so accommodating.


Ryah spent the first part of her day at Lagoon with Grandma. We got season passes this year, but most of my summer is shot so she'll be going a lot with Grandma and Dad.














Ryah brushing her teeth so she can go to Lagoon.









































She loved every minute of it!!!












I didn't think I would be able to see Ry until her party that evening, but my mom surprised me and brought her up after they went to Lagoon. I was so excited to see her. Thanks mom!!!













I think birthdays are important and making sure the kids know it is their special day, but I am not one to go all out and buy them everything, call me cruel, but I would rather spend the money taking them to do something out of the ordinary on their day as opposed to buying them things that will be obsolete within the next few days because they found interest in something else.
This is one toy Ry absolutely loves. Jared's family went in and got her a Power Wheels 4 wheeler. She loves to press the button and run into everything, it's so cute. She loves to ride in the rhino with Jared, so we knew she'd love that present.
















The rest of the time, Ryah wanted the balloons and didn't care about opening any other presents. We got her a little pool and some educational games/toys. Jared was a trooper and did all the shopping without input.





Ryah devouring her cupcake. She loved the frosting, but wanted nothing to do with the cake part.
Thanks to everyone who came and supported Ryah!!! She loves being with people especially the little kids. Also, thanks to my mom and Tay for making the cupcakes and spending time with Ry at Lagoon!!! Jared put in an actual request and requested rainbow chip cupcakes which require being homemade so I couldn't make it easy on everyone and order from the bakery. We couldn't have made things possible without the support of our family.
Here's an update on my little situation. I was finally able to come home last Friday after begging my doctor and being read the right act as to what I can and can't do. She wanted to keep me another week, but I promised her I'd be good. Can I just tell you how much more comfortable it is to be home than up in the hospital; 18 days was way too long. I basically am not supposed to do anything, but lay down. I have to put my blinders on everyday because I think of all the stuff I should be doing. I have one awesome husband who has been doing everything...working, cooking, cleaning, laundry, catering to both mine and Ryah's needs, making sure I get my midnight and 4 a.m. med fix, etc, and hasn't complained once. I am so grateful for him and his support through all of this. I never imagined I would have been in this situation. As for the progress of everything, I'm basically the same. Thin a little more and dilate a little more, but the baby is still in which is most important. I contract continually and it is extremely uncomfortable, but when I take my meds it slows down for an hour or two, then starts right back up about 1 1/2 before my next "fix." The doctor's are extremely impressed with the way the baby has grown. Due to all the steroids they have pumped in me, she is almost measuring a week ahead of where she should be. I was glad to hear that news yesterday. As a result, the doc promised me I wouldn't have to be tortured and put back on the mag again...at least with this pregnancy. I do have two more weeks of bed rest, unless I have her before then.
Even though this has been a difficult time and true test of my self discipline, it has also been a blessing in disguise. I am so grateful for our family and friends and their willingness to help in any way they can, even if it's stopping by for a visit to give me someone to talk to, bringing fresh garden vegetables (yes, I have a weakness, but don't have a garden...makes sense, I know), etc. Jared and I have had some neat experiences as well and being able to depend on each other has brought us that much closer.
Thanks for all the outpouring of love and support!!!

6 comments:

Bryndie said...

I just want to cry for you. I try to put myself in your shoes and I dont know what I would even do. You are such a strong person. Everything happens for a reason I guess. It sounds like it will all be over soon and your little one will be here.

fergusonfam said...

Happy Birthday Ryah! Your family is so great!

Christy said...

I'm so happy to hear you are home for the time being!!! That's got to be so great.

We missed you at Lake Powell! Ryah is SO cute. I have some cute pictures of her I'll have to email you and post. She just loves the water and rhinos and everything and seems so happy!

Hope things are well for you! I want to come visit!!!

Jen Hanson said...

You're a trooper. I am so impressed with you. I'm sure you are so happy to be home. Good luck the next few weeks!

Nat said...

Hi, Sheridan! I was pleasantly surprised to see your comment on my blog! I totally remember you. :) That's funny that you came across my Lindsay Jane work! You have the cutest little family and seem to be doing great. I am so sorry to hear about your current challenges though with the pre-term labor complications. That is no fun! I struggled to keep both of my boys in. Luckily they were only 3 and 4 weeks early and healthy. I hope your babe decides to hold out for a little bit longer. I'm sure everything will work out just fine. :) I would love to take your family pictures when things settle down for you. Just let me know when would be a good time. I have some availability at the end of August and September is very open as of right now. Take care of yourself and I'll get in touch with you soon!

-Natalie

the Tonioli's said...

First birthday's are the best! She is getting to be such a big girl. I can't believe it. I am totally behind in blogging, I had no idea you have been going through all of that preterm labor stuff. I am so sorry. I hope everything with the baby works out...I'm sure it will. I wish you all the best too. It has got to be frustrating being stuck in bed. I wish I could help. Please let me know if you need anything...meals for the fam, a babysitter, a visitor, anything!