Sunday, July 26, 2009

So The Story Goes...

This post is a little overdue, but I figured better late than never!!! The newest addition to our family arrived July 15th. We decided to name her Keslee Ann Kay she weighed in at 5 lbs 8 oz and 18.5 inches. I'm so happy things went so smoothly. The weeks prior had been intense at times and we are so grateful I was able to keep her in as long as I did.

That morning, Jared dropped me and Ryah off at my parents so my mom could "babysit" us while he was at work. Before leaving, he told me whatever you do, don't have her today. He had a job he had to have finished that day so it was not a "good" day for him. Around 9:30 a.m., my contractions became more intense, so I figured I would call the doc and get checked. Lucky for me, they had an opening later on that morning. My mom, Ryah, and I headed to the doc and sure enough I was in active labor. We headed over to labor and delivery and I had Keslee around 6:12 p.m. I told Jared he must have ginxed the situation :) Everything was going great until we came home Friday. That evening I was holding her and I looked down and she was ghostly white with a blue mouth and blue lips. I became panicked and handed her to Jared which she came to after a couple seconds; however, as we got ready for bed I was so nervous to fall asleep so I called the doctor to see what I should do. The doctor said to head back to the hospital, so we were back into the hospital until Sunday while tests were being ran on Keslee. She did show signs of some reflux where her food sticks in her esophagus, but the doctor's aren't for certain that is what's causing her "blue" spells since she does it when she's in the middle of sleeping, not close to eating. Her EKG came back showing left ventricle hypertrophy which could be related to the stress she was under while I was in labor for so long. Her heart ultrasound showed an opening in the top of her heart which wasn't there before, but it is still uncertain what's causing the spells. At night I put her on a monitor, but take her off during the day since I can keep an eye on her. Luckily, she's only had one other "blue" spell this past week and if her monitor goes off, everything checks out good when I check on her...we are so grateful for that and hope this is something she will grow out of. She is such a good baby and has brought such a sweet spirit into our home. We feel so blessed to have her.















Missy Ry Ry hanging out waiting for her new sis.
















Keslee in comparison to a newborn diaper.






































I know I look lovely, but it's one of the only decent pics of Kes and I after her birth...I forgot how tired you get after delivery.





































Home At Last!!! These two already have dad wrapped around their fingers. Ryah has been pretty good with Keslee. She just gets frustrated Keslee doesn't respond when she says "Hi" or says her name "Eeee." It's amazing how much love you have for these little ones. They bring us so much happiness and joy... :) We can't imagine life without them.
On a side note, thanks so much to family and friends who have been a huge support system while I've been down the past month and a half. We couldn't have done it without you!!!

15 comments:

Bryndie said...

She is beautiful! I am so sorry you have had to go through all this. Things can only get better, right? Let me know if I can ever help.

Michelle said...

Congrats Sheridan! She is adorable!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! I hope you don't mind that I've been checking your blog since you commented on mine! I'm horrible at commenting though... but I'm glad to hear that your little one arrived safely and is doing well. I think you are amazing for going through all that you did! Both of your girls are just darling!

Jenny (Wright) Nielsen

the Tonioli's said...

Congratulations on your new sweetheart, she is absolutely gorgeous! I wish you all the best. So sorry you have had so much to deal with this last little while. How are you?! You've had a lot to deal with. I'm sure your sweet family helps with all the stress.

The Hatch Family said...

Congrats Sheridan, we are so glad she is here and doing well. good luck with everything!

Kiesha said...

Hey cuz! I'm so glad to see everyone is home and doing okay. You are one tough mama! LUVS!

Jen Hanson said...

I am so happy to hear that all went well. She is beautiful!

Mechelle said...

Congrats I am glad that she is made it here safely and hopefully things will get better!

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

Yay! I'm glad she made it here safely. She looks so precious. I think newborn babies can be so worrisome because they're learning how to live outside the womb and they're so dang tiny! I hope your little Keslee grows out of her breathing fits soon (so scary!).
Two darling little girls now..how fun, congrats!

PARKERS said...

She is so beautiful Sheridan! What a tiny little thing. I admire you so much for being able to be off your feet for so long. You are a trooper! Congratulations again- I wish you guys the best!

Sherrie said...

Sher, you look beautiful even after labor! You never cease to amaze me! YOu are such an amazing person and I admire ya like crazy! Glad everything ended up going smoothly! I thought about you lots and lots while I was out of town.
Glad all is well though and she's beautiful (not that i'd expect anything less from you and Jared!)...i'll give you a call later this week and maybe come stop by! Let me know if you need anything! Love ya!

fergusonfam said...

Congratulations! You have two beautiful girls. We need to get together when things slow down for you a bit.

Kirsten said...

cute pictures! Looks like Ry is going to be a great big sister and a great helper. So much fun! I have so many funny cute pictures of my little twerps when they were that age.
Hopefully you are getting the most out of the rest of the summer!

Josie said...

She is darling! It sounds like you have had a wild ride the past couple of months. Hopefully life will settle down a bit for now. Ryah is a doll too!