Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to Jared!!! What a way to spend your first official Father's Day...the hospital. He was a trooper and took care of me when I should be the one tending to his needs on "his" day. My mom was kind enough to make dinner and bring it to us; boy, was it nice to have a home cooked meal. ("Real" food has been my main request to Jared, no more hospital food or eating out. )

We spent the day hanging out, like usual. Ry and I got Jared this blower thing he wanted and some golf shirts (thanks dad for creating a new obsession for my hubby). Some weeks they will go four times. This past week while my dad's been in Hawaii, Jared's been itching to go golfing and couldn't wait for Saturday to come because he knew my dad would want to try out his new clubs. Plus, he wouldn't feel as guilty leaving me since he knew my mom would come sit with me. I thought for sure the weather would put a damper in their plans and to an extent it did; they were only able to hit a bucket of balls :( Ry and I are truly blessed to have such an amazing father/husband in our lives. Jared works very hard to provide for us and make sure our needs are taken care of. Thanks Jar for everything...we love you tons!!!













Ryah helping dad open his presents. She loves having dad get her ready...no hairdo!!!














Ryah carrying around the card she got dad. It had a dog on front of it...Ry is obsessed with dogs and barks anytime we pass any type of animal. She carried the card around barking; so cute :)



















Of course I have to give a Happy Father's Day shout out to my dad. He was a trooper and came to the hospital so I could participate in him opening up the gifts my siblings and I got him for Father's Day. Of course it was golf stuff to go along with his custom clubs he just purchased. My dad is one who never spends money on himself so he splurged a little with his clubs. He is definitely one who deserves it. He is such a hard worker, an awesome dad, and a GREAT grandpa. I am so lucky to have him as a dad and involved so much in our lives. I don't know what I would do without my parents.














I didn't want to post this, but decided to for journaling purposes. If you look close at the monitor on the bottom part of the screen you can see the big contraction I am having right as they are telling me to smile. You can see I already had two within 3 minutes of each other. I told the doc I don't know how I'm going to have the energy to push this baby out once she says it's time. My body is already exhausted. The longest I've gone in one setting without contracting the last two weeks is 3 hours. The contractions just become more mild and less painful being on the meds.









I had to post this picture of Ry. She found her new favorite thing to do when visiting mom...be pushed around in the wheelchair and she gets mad when it's time to get out. She things it is so much fun. Of course she had to have Aunt Tay's big blanket accompany her because she was getting tired.
That's pretty much our last few days in a nutshell. We were glad for the safe return of Ry and my family. Thanks so much to Jared's family for taking Ryah camping last week!!! She looks like she had a great time and it helped me and Jared out tons.

4 comments:

Tiffany Nelson said...

Oh my heck! She is the cutest little thing ever...I seriously can't wait to see her this week! It's been WAAAAAAY too long. Thanks for getting dad's stuff for fathers day...I owe you one big time! I'm going to find mom something cute now :)

Love Family said...

How fun that you found me! I totally remember you after looking at your pictures! You look great! and your little family is so cute!

Kiesha said...

Hey Sher! I've been a bit AWOL and didn't even know you were in the hospital until Christy told me this past weekend. How tough! You are such a positive person. Even in your blog post I would have complained and whined and you just stated what was going on and that was that. You are one brave Mama! We'll be thinking of you and I would LOVE to take Ry-Ry for a day or two if you needed it. PLEASE call me if you need me. LUVS!

fergusonfam said...

Ryah is the cutest thing ever. We need to get her and Taylee together to play sometime (after you have the baby of course). We will keep you and your little one in our prayers. You are a trooper and so is Jared. Let me know if you need anything.