Friday, August 15, 2008

Whatever it takes!!!

So, Ryah has always been excellent about going in her bed at night, but during the day she has issues with it. I've been trying every alternative whether it be on my bed, in a darker room, her swing, etc. As soon as I think I find a solution, it doesn't work more than two days; however, this week has been different. I decided I was going to put her on the couch. Sure enough the first day she took two naps which both her at least 2 hours, then the next day she took a 3.5 hour nap, then the next day she napped again. The only down side is usually while they are out of your arms, it is supposed to be free time to try and get stuff done, not the case here because I sit and stare at her to make sure she's still breathing. She has to be snuggled so tight and moves her face directly into the couch or under her blanket. I move her back away from the couch and reposition the blanket, but then I hear squirming and she's moved herself right back. I took some pictures to show just how silly it is.

















Here she is covered in her blanket....

















Here is a close-up of what she looks like under the blanket. You can barely see her nose, but if I remove it she squirms until she's right back in the position.
















This is another position she got herself into and when I saw it, I thought of an indian...lol



















This position just looked uncomfortable, but she slept there for some time.



















Even though she has crazy sleep habits, it all pays off in the end when she's so happy after waking up.

9 comments:

Tiffany Nelson said...

haha what a funny girl! She is definitely looking like you, Sher. She has your big eyes and it's so stinkin cute! I can't wait to see what my kids look like haha...probably weird since Zach and I don't look alike! I can't wait to play with her. She is getting SOOO big.

Kiesha said...

Kids are soooo wierd! That's what's so great about them. They keep you smiling and entertained. Sam still has to sleep with a blanket over her face and has since she was a pretty new baby. I used to wrap her up so tight with the blanket securely holding the binki in her mouth. Worked like a charm!

Larsen Family said...

What a surprise to hear from you! Your baby Ryah is beautiful and I am so excited for you. It is great to see those pictures-thanks for sharing them with everyone! Keep in touch.

Christy said...

Aw she is so so cute! I love the "indian" picture haha. What a crack up. I think she must've gotten your eyes :) She's so cute and growing SO FAST!

Sherrie said...

Oh Sher...I love her already! She's like the "niece" I don't have yet! :) I can't wait to come over and meet her! She's absolutely adorable and looks like you are having fun being a mommy (SO weird!).

Bryndie said...

It is amazing how they can sleep. Whatever takes, Right??? I think they just love being cozy and cuddled up as much as possible. We always swaddled Burklie at night and she slept forever.

Anonymous said...

What a cute baby. I want to see her so bad. I will have to make my way up there one of these days. It's so funny you remind me of me when Asha was a baby, always checking to make sure she was breathing. Then there is poor Zaya who was borderline neglected.

Nate and Nicole said...

I'm glad you said hi! Your little one is so darling and I loved reading about your life up to this point. I love when people are real about their experiences. Thanks for sharing. Keep in touch!

Jen Hanson said...

Hey, it's been SO long. Thanks for finding me. I'm excited to keep up with you and your cute family. Your daughter is beautiful. Girls are so much fun!