Monday, January 18, 2010

Six Months...Already

It seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital on bed rest with this munchkin. Her last 6 weeks in the womb were a rough ride for me, but I would do it over again in a second. I can't believe she recently hit the six month mark. It seems it took Ryah forever to reach six months.

Keslee is such a sweetheart and has a smile that is contagious. I practically squeeze the life out of her everytime I hug her. We love having her...and so does Ryah. Some of the "milestones" she's reached are:

-Just recently graduated from the bassinet to the crib...I know this sounds silly, but it is true. For the first month of life, the girls spent it in a bassinet in my room. Keslee spent a little longer due to her being on the monitor. Well, the little girl developed a major attachment to her bassinet and didn't want to sleep in anything, but that. The last couple weeks she became more and more annoyed by the bassinet because she couldn't stretch out, yet she didn't want to depart from it. Despite the crying of feeling "free" the first couple times she went down, she eventually mastered the crib which is now her resting place.

-Has taken an interest in food other than the bottle. I know this is horrible, but today she devoured a salt and vinegar pringle. Ryah decided to share her snack when I wasn't looking. When I went to take it away Keslee screamed, so I let her try it out and sure enough she loved it. She kept trying to reach for more.

-Sits on her own

-Loves the bath

-Loves Ryah...it has gotten to the point that sometimes she is ornery while Ryah is napping, but as soon as Ryah wakes up she's a different kid. She loves her sister.

-Loves watching cartoons with Ryah in the morning while holding hands. The funny thing is Keslee really will put her hand out when Ryah is by her. It is so cute and Ryah loves it, too.




































Another snapshot of holding hands while watching cartoons.


















We read to Ryah before she goes to bed, in turn, she likes to read to Kes.
Keslee is so full of love and has such a special spirit. We can't imagine life without her and look forward to the many years to come.

6 comments:

Tiffany Nelson said...

Oh my heck! These are the cutest pictures I have EVER seen. Seriously, you have the stinkest cutest girls ever!!! I love Kesee so much too. She really is so tender and just melts your heart whenever you're around her. And Ry, words can't even describe! She is so spunky and full and life. I miss the days like that when everything was so care free. Man I love them so much!!

Kirsten said...

such cute girls! I love how they are such little buddies all ready and like to be with each other and do stuff together, so cute! Holding hands while watching cartoons is absolutely adorable! All the little moments like those make the craziness of having 2 so close, all the more worth it.

Michelle said...

Your girls are so adorable! That's so fun that they are such good little buddies.

Mindy said...

Oh, two little girls so close in age is so fun. They are just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Pretty much the funniest pics of Ry she is such a good big sis to little Kes! I just want to squeeze her cheecks

Kiesha said...

Ahhh, so neat that they will have each other as they grow no matter what fights they get into with their friends. Darling!