Thursday, September 27, 2012

New York

At the end of July I went on a girls trip to NYC with my mom, sisters, sister-in-law, aunt, cousin, grandma and my grandma's sister. (Thank you to a great hubby who was willing to play Mr. Mom for a couple days)   Before I met Jared, I was finishing my Finance degree.  I ultimately wanted to get some of my "Series" licenses and work on Wall Street.  Needless to say, that obviously didn't happen and I'm glad it didn't.  After seeing everything, that is not a place for me.  Glad, I chose the other route. :) 

We visited the 9/11 Memorial (what an awesome experience), Empire State Building, China Town, Broadway to see Wicked, Statue of Liberty, fun shopping places, carriage ride thru Central Park, and lots of other stuff.  We also did a dinner cruise.  Bad idea for me...my vertigo kicked in.  The next two days weren't the greatest, but I managed to make it thru. 

All in all, NYC was a great trip!  I hope we are able to plan another girls get away sometime.  It was a lot of fun. :)

My cute Grandma (pictured above in the white blazer) whom we love and adore was just diagnosed with breast cancer two weeks ago. She is a trooper though and in good spirits.






















I look a little glazed over...lovely vertigo.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Oh my gosh Sher I can't believe that about your sweet grandma. I have great memories about her. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her and your family. I pray that things go well. Your trip looks like it was a lot of fun. Hope you are doing well. Love ya.