Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Cruise

On June 19th, Jared and I took off to Florida for a Western Caribbean Cruise. We were able to go with my parents and two sisters. Jared's family was kind enough to take the girls for the 10 days we were away. At first, I was nervous because I have vertigo issues and I wasn't sure how it would hold-up on a cruise, but I only got sick one night. Our ship was the second largest cruise ship in the world, so I'm sure that helped with the motion of the ocean.

We boarded the ship Sunday the 20th, and were at sea both Sunday and Monday. Tuesday we were in Labadees, Haiti. We didn't do any excursions in Haiti, just some R&R at the beach. It was beautiful and extremely hot. Wednesday we were in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We swam with the dolphins and were going to hike Dunns River Falls, but ended up just going and looking at them. Thursday we were in Grand Cayman. We went to Sting Ray City and also did some snorkeling. The water was beautiful there. Friday we were in Cozumel, Mexico. We did a Dune Buggy Ride around the island and snorkeling.
Picture overload...








Checking out our rooms. We had balcony rooms (I told Jared I will always pay extra for the balcony). They were adjacent to my parents which was nice. It made our balcony extra big.






Labadees, Haiti...Royal Caribbean owns this island so it was not packed with tourists which was nice and the food is free.



We found Faja Edwards on the balcony quite often with his laptop and earphones. I would have hated to see his internet charge bill :)









































































Tiff and I splurged one night with the gambling and joined a game of BINGO. It was fun, but we lost. It was quite the job trying to manage my 6 cards at once.

































On our boatride out to Sting Ray City























































































Waiting to start our Dune Buggy excursion. I would recommend this excursion if you are ever in Cozumel. It was a lot of fun.
































Snorkeling in Cozumel. My sisters and I aren't pictured in our snorkeling gear because we opted out and got massages on the beach instead. They were wonderful and cheap :)















My mom had her birthday the last day we were on the ship, so we celebrated at dinner that night.




































Me and the best guy EVER...I had so much fun with him. It was great to get away and be able to spend time together. Life gets busy and having the girlies dampens our one-on-one time together. I loved being able to sit there and just enjoy our time together. I have decided cruising is definitely the way to travel. I would love to be able to tackle one a year...we'll see how that goes :) Hopefully, it's not just wishful thinking.
Thanks to Jared's family for watching the munchkins. This trip would not have been possible without your willingness to help us out.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

How fun! Your post makes me want to go on a cruise... :)

Cortney said...

You've got me all excited for our cruise in December. You Edward girls are so pretty. I loved your comment on my post, a guy couldn't figure you out. That's funny.

Corrianne said...

Hey Sheridan! I don't know if you remember who I am, I met you a few years ago at PF Changs when we went to the Motab concert for Christmas, I was on a date with James, Tyler was there with Christy and then you and your hubby were there as well! Anyhow! I'm glad I found your blog! Your two girls are darling and you are gorgeous! You guys looked like you had so much fun on your cruise!

the Tonioli's said...

I'm totally jealous that looks like so much fun! I keep trying to convince Jared that we NEED to go on a cruise. I might need your help in convincing him.

Christy said...

Looks like FUN. You girls always look so cute! Glad you didn't get dizzy on the boat. Maybe now we'll have to go on a cruise together. =)

Sherrie said...

I am so happy to hear the vertigo didn't bother you too much...I almost forgot you get vertigo (oh how I could ever forget though).
Pictures are beautiful and looks like it was a fun get away! I think it is definitely a necessity to have some time away from the kiddos occasionally (not that I would know, but just from what I hear! ha).