Thursday, August 20, 2009

Craziness at the Kay's

Lately I've been trying to remember what occupied my time when I didn't have kids. even though it wasn't that long ago, I don't know what I did that kept me so busy. Having the two little ones has been a lot of fun, but I'm not going to a lie, a lot of work as well. It feels like as soon as I think I have somewhat of a routine down, everything changes and I have to start all over. The one thing I have discovered is that it is best if I get ready before Jared leaves in the mornings; otherwise, it feels like an all day process. The girl's schedules used to be somewhat the same, but right now we are going through a phase where as soon as one goes down the other gets up. That makes it extremely difficult for getting ready. Besides I am a morning person and would rather get up and get stuff done.

As for Ryah, she has been awesome with the adjustment and seems so big to me all of the sudden. It's as though she grew up overnight. She has started saying words, but of course it is on her own time. She says mom, dad or sometimes Jar when she hears me call him, Tay (my sister), Tazzy (my fam's teacup maltese dogs, one is Taz and one is Brig, but she calls both Tazzy), ball, uh-oh, Kesee, Jett, Jax, Ty (Jared's brother, and other words that she knows what they mean, but I can't decipher :) She has learned what the garbage is and where they are located throughout the house. She now loves to throw away her and Keslee's diapers; however, I did find one in the toilet the other day. She likes to help me give Keslee a bath, find Keslee's binki, check on Keslee when she's napping, give Keslee kisses in the morning, and she'll even hold her arms out to hold her on occassion. She is at such a fun stage, we absolutely adore her.































As for Keslee, she is doing awesome. She has been so fun to have. Ryah wasn't much of a cuddler as a baby and Keslee loves to cuddle which is so fun. She is a Porker, so gets up more at night to eat than Ryah used to, but it is getting better. I took her to the doctor the other week and she weighed over 8 lbs. She had gained over 2 lbs in 2 wks. I have a feeling she's going to become a little chunk, unlike Ryah was as a baby. We sure do love her and as crazy as things are right now, we wouldn't change it for anything. We absolutely love these two.


Gotta love Keslee's curly hair!!! It is so funny to me and by the end of the day, regardless of what I do, it usually looks like a fro. :) So fun.

6 comments:

Mandi said...

Congrats Sher! Your girls are gorgeous. I am glad you are doing well. We need to get together. Its been so long.

Michelle said...

Your girls are so cute! I love Keslee's little curls!

Bryndie said...

She is one beautiful baby, and how lucky you got a little one with curly hair! What a doll!

It is so sad to see your oldest grow up over night, but somehow it does happen "overnight".

As far as getting ready for the day (way over rated). I think I do my hair once every 2 weeks now. My kids are always ready though. I am lucky to just get dressed somedays LOL!

Kiesha said...

Maybe Keslee has a little of Gma J in her. Curly hair is so fun! It doesn't get long very fast but it's easy to make instantly cute! Sam is still holding on to her curls. I'm afraid it's going to start growing out straight one of these days.

We won't be able to attend the blessing because they are re-doing all the ward boundaries in Wellsville and we find out at a 3p.m. meeting on Sunday what they will be. Thanks for the invite though! I'm always excited to come to the things I can. And if you do find things you'de like to get rid of, I would be MORE than happy to come get them. Thanks again for thinking of me up in good 'ole Cache Valley!

Kirsten said...

cute pictures! I love curly baby hair... Both my girls have it and it always looks like a fro at the end of the day, too funny!
Love the Bear Lake pictures and I'm glad you've been able to get in some fun camping outings even though the start of your summer was a bummer, at least you are making up for it now!

3 Men & a Lady said...

Congrats on the arrival of little Kelsee! She is beautiful! I'm so glad things went well. I am totally still up to taking some pictures. It would work best if you just contacted the studio and booked your session that way. Either call at 801.541.0942 or email at info@lindsayjanephotography.com. I'm pretty sure we still have a summer special going on. If not, I can still get you a 25% friends/family discount. Wednesdays are great for me, if that works with your schedule. If not, Friday or Saturday can work too. Talk to you soon!